Little Hands (called Manos Pequeñas in Spanish) is a newly developed orphanage which belongs to the Apostolic Christian Church- Nazarean. The property for this orphanage was just recently purchased in October of 2014. The orphanage currently is home 4 caregivers and 5 to 13 children under the age of 11 (this number fluctuates GREATLY as children are adopted out and new children arrive). We desire to help as many children as possible and thus, we will seek to expand and add more caregivers and more children as God leads. We will first have to build additional buildings to accomplish this but we hope continue growing to help as many as possible. Where the Lord guides, He will provide, and we pray He will continue to grow this mission in His time, and as He sees fit. MAY HE RICHLY bless each of you who have contributed and been involved in helping us care for the fatherless here in Tecate.
At Little Hands, it is our goal to shine the light of Jesus Christ into the hearts and souls of needy children. We plan to continue doing so by providing a stable, secure, and Christ-centered home-life; A home in which they have their physical, spiritual, and emotional needs met. It is our desire to raise up godly children who are well equipped physically, mentally, and spiritually to face adulthood as independent, well-rounded, and proficient individuals.
- Our desire is to mentor young children and help them to grow to be leaders in their community, their church, and in their homes. We will help them to:
-Be effective listeners, and follow through with what they learn.
-Have a heart for others, and humbly minister to the needs of the less fortunate.
-Be responsible mothers, fathers, and providers.
-Work towards building a better Mexico, with a bright and promising future.
2. We want to equip these children (with God’s help) to be independent and powerful presences in the workforce. This includes teaching them both English and Spanish, encouraging them to excel in school, and helping them to grow up with knowledge in technology, home economics, and trades. It is our hope that they will have plenty of experience in all these areas while they grow together with us at Manos Pequeñas.
3. We want to show others what the love of Christ can do, in hope that others would also feel called to reach out to the needy, and be used as His hands and feet. It is our prayer that God can use us to reach others outside of our home.
4. We want to provide a safe environment for the children and work teams alike; one that is pure, wholesome, and refreshing. May each child and person to ever set foot in Manos Pequeñas feel enriched, fufilled, and equipped to fill the world with the joy it is so lacking.
Our decision-making guide is God’s Living Word. In all things, we wish to glorify and honor Him. We also know that in all things, if we keep Christ at the center, it will be well with our souls. Realizing that all we do is only possible through His provision, we consult His Holy Word as we set our guidelines to:
- Do what is right, and teach others to do the same:
-Seek Godly wisdom. Ps 40:11, Prov 1:4, 2:1-5, 3:3,4, 4:7, 16:16, James 1:5, 3:17, Col 4:5, John 14:6,
-Be honest, live a life of truth and kindness. 1 Cor 13:6, Eph 4:25-32, 2 Peter 1:5-7
-Be responsible for our actions and words. 1 Cor 4:2, James 3:5-18, Luke 16:10
2. Have the children’s’ best in mind:
-Nurture them in love. Eph 6:4
-Show them unconditional love. 1 Peter 3:8
-Respect their culture. Phil 14
3. Do all to the honor and glory of God:
-Do everything full-heartedly. Col 3:23
-Serve one another. Gal 5:13
-Speak the truth in love. Eph 4:15